Monday, July 2, 2012

Time to Make Some Changes

Hello and good morning everyone! I hope you are having a beautiful morning. Did you start it off with a nutritious breakfast? I sure did :) 


Yesterday, I was browsing around my favorite blogs and stumbled across something really cool on Peanut Butter and Jenny! She is hosting a July Blogging Challenge that I decided to take part of. I'm super excited to see what I can do with these challenges and it gives me a chance to spend more time with all of youuuu<3 Alright, let's get started! 




Peanut Butter and Jenny


Day One: My July Goals! 

1. Start cooking more at home. I eat a lot of my meals at home but most of those meals are made from my mom. And it's likely to be Korean food haha. I would love to be able to make more American style dishes that are both healthy and delicious for my family. I'm planning to buy a cookbook to help me along with this. If any of you have any cookbook suggestions, I'd definitely like to hear from you guys! 

2. Eat more whole foods. Since it is getting hotter everyday here in Florida, for some reason, I tend to go for ice cream, bread, and sweet treats. Not that it isn't great on occasion, but it isn't good if it's an daily thing. I plan to snack on fruits, veggies, and healthy carbs to help me feel satisfied. Sweet potatoes with nut butter? Yes please! 



3. Spending more time with friends. I can be a grandma some times! I'm usually with my family all the time but I feel like I need to have time with my friends too. I have relationships that could be stronger and I should take the initiative to call others first. 

4. More balanced workouts. I love me some HITTs and strength training. I realized though, that I should incorporate more yoga and stretching to help ease my muscles. Hopefully I can do yoga at least 2 times a week, along with weight training (3 times a week) and cardio (2 times a week). Sometimes I forget how relaxing sun salutations can be! 



5. Read more books. I have really been lazy to find new books that I could read over the summer. I used to ready a book everyday but lately, I just can't seem to find the motivation. This could fill in those hours of laziness and boredom at home. 

6. Do a vlog! How cool would it be to talk to you guys?! You could actually see what I'm like in real life! (sorta.) I don't know what the vlog could be about, but I'll definitely keep you guys posted! 

7. Get into the Word and build my relationship with God. I feel like I've been putting off my faith for many reasons. I know that studying and having daily devotions could make me happier and keep my life in check.




8. Not to feel guilty about ANYTHING. During my ED, I'd often feel extreme guilt for not exercising or eating what was "not on schedule". I want to start being open to different things and I don't want guilt to push me around. I can beat ED :) 

9. Post up recipes! You guys already know I love cooking so I thought it would be fun to show you guys how I do things here, Chef Alina style ;) 

10. To not procrastinate! This is just hard. This probably applies to every aspect of my life. HELP. 

Let's cross these out one by one! 

Happy Monday and keep shooting for your goals! We can do it together!





No comments:

Post a Comment