Thursday, August 2, 2012

I Beat It

This summer was by far the best time I've had in a long time. It's actually the first summer I've been free from my ED emotions since last year. Man, am I proud to say that! :) 


Before I get into this post, I want to tell you about my morning. My mom and dad aren't morning people which is funny because I'm all up for them! They usually go out to eat breakfast and I make breakfast at home. I love making food so it's natural for me to do that. But today, since I woke up a little early, they wanted to eat together with me at Mcdonald's. 


Did this really happen?! LOL
My immediate reaction was no. Why? Because I like to eat my food. In a way, that's not a bad thing! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so that's my favorite time I like to fit in my nutrients. Unfortunately, I could definitely feel like it's also because of my ED habits that decided to bite me in the butt this morning. I think part of the reason why I said no, was because I was scared that there was nothing nutritious there. No fruit, no "real" eggs, no whole wheat anything. And the calories? Whew, that was a lot for my ol' self could handle. Then proceeded the argument between me and myself. You probably thought it was between the rents' and I. No, that happened too! But the biggest argument was between my old self and my new self. 
I eat well 95% of the time! Why is it such a big deal if I don't eat yogurt at breakfast? It honestly didn't make sense to me after much thought. I used to eat so little at breakfast time because I thought it would "waste" my calories for the day. And yes, I cried because I was ashamed. Even though I've grown out of my habits, it still can come and try to test me. 

But you know what? I beat that fear. I went to Mcdonald's and had a great time with my parents. I talked and enjoyed every bite! And I'm so happy that my parents asked me to come with them. Because  now I know I can do it =)


Thank you for supporting me and sticking with me everyone<3











No comments:

Post a Comment