Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! 


Ever since I little, my dad has always been my best friend. He made me laugh when things went wrong and held my hand when I became sad. I hurt him the most during my eating problems, making him think I didn't need him anymore. He tried everything to help me, but I kept ignoring him. I thought, how could he help me? He didn't know what I was going through. 
Everyday, I made him get frustrated and upset about my issues. I wouldn't open my heart to him. It was just too hard. I remember the day when he went to my appointment to see the dietitian. You could tell by his face that he was scared of seeing how far I'd gone. 
But it didn't stop him from telling me that he loved me, and that he was going to support me through this whole journey. 


"Love is patient,
love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.
Love never fails." - 
1 Corinthians 13:4-8


Thank you Appa, for loving me and never giving up on me. Because of you, I'm finding my way back. 
I hope I can be a daughter you can be proud of :) 


I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment