Friday, October 5, 2012

Food Favorites and Fall Fitness!

And it feels soooooo good :) 

I'm sorry for the lack of posts this week everyone. I've been moving from school work to working out to volunteering, back to back! 
I'm excited to share some of my favorite things and how I've been moving this past week. 

Since Fall is in full swing now, I am eating pumpkin everything. 
Get in my tummy<3

One of my favorite ways of enjoying this Fall gem in is my beloved yogurt messes!


 Naughtiest way of eating pumpkin? 


Can I get a loud YUUUUUUUM?
I'm telling you, it's ridic. 

Weirdest thing I've been craving lately? 
Salads, salads, salads!


For some peculiar reason, I've been loving my salads and veggies so much. I actually look forward to them and let the hummus do the talking ;) 

I'm super proud of myself for eating only home cooked meals this week! Sometimes it's difficult to prepare food at home, but honestly, it's much healthier and its nice on your wallet. 

I used some of my foodie skills and whipped up this delicious and nutritious dinner! My parents raved about it. 



I took a Cooking Light recipe (my favorite website for healthy eats!) and swapped out some things to make it my own. I used shrimp instead of sausage and used a crap load ton of different veggies to bulk it up! I sprinkled some feta cheese to finish and it went from amazing to hello Chef Alina :) 


I did I tell you? I'm digging my greens! 

On the exercise front, I've been trying to up my running a bit since I haven't been able to concentrate on my speed for a while. You would think that the weather would be getting nicer but it seems like every time I step outside, this happens...


Grrrr. 

Thankfully, my girl Zuzana got me covered! 

I had an awesome rest day yesterday and busted out a sweaty workout today. 

  • 30 minute abs 
  • ZWOW #37 (Side hops kill me) 
  • ZWOW #31 (Basic moves but definitely efficient!) 
I enjoy her workouts so much because it's fast, intense and I don't have to think about the time. Since the moves change constantly, my body is being challenged everyday. 

Usually, at the end of my workouts, I top it off with the #plankchallenge! 

I went from this.


 To this.


To finally this!


Seriously, I can't believe I got this far! It isn't hard anymore to hold myself up for this long and I owe it to my core exercises. 

Whew, that was a mouthful of a post. 
I hope you stayed awake through it ;) 


I just want to say that always remember that we all have struggles and hardships. Everyday!
Not everything in the Smile house is picture perfect but I strive to become a better daughter, sister and friend through these experiences. Live to love and love to live, my friends<3

"We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;" 2 Corinthians 4:8-9


















No comments:

Post a Comment