Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I'm Me {Happy Birthday Alina!}

Hello my loves! 
I cannot believe today is the day...
I turn SEVENTEEN! 


My, how time flies.
I cannot even start to explain how happy and blessed I am. 
This morning, I woke up with such a spring in my step, and the first thing I did was pray!

I prayed about my family and how thankful I am to be surrounded by them. 



(Wish you were here, Sister Smile! <3)

Cuzzzo :)
I prayed about my friends and how they always seem to make me laugh on days when I don't feel too great!






But most importantly, I prayed about my new found happiness

For so long, I let myself forget about what is means to truly be happy. Going out with friends, making jokes, spending time with my family. To eat, breathe and live life. 
I consumed myself with what brought me to the lowest part of my life and I lost many things because of it. ED is not something that you can just "get over".

Although it was a part of my past, I can't forget that it ever happened or hide that I experienced ED. It's my testimony to share with everyone and say, "I'm not perfect, and I'm okay with that." 
Everyday, I'm learning that I am beautiful for who God created me to be. 

It is amazing to realize that it's the first year where I am able to say that ED doesn't have control over me. I am my own voice and since I turned away from ED, I see a new future for me and my health. 
As I am getting older, I'm learning that life is way too short to be unhappy! 
Everyday is a gift and I'm looking forward to living it up and using my past to make a difference.

The girl a year ago wouldn't have enjoyed her birthday cake because she was too worried about what was in it. The girl a year ago wouldn't have wanted to go out because she was scared people would offer her cookies as a present. The girl a year ago would have exhausted herself exercising to burn the "wasteful calories" on the slice of cake. 

I'm over joyed with the fact that I'm not the same girl anymore. 
I'm finally me.


Here's to a healthy and happy 17th year! 

God bless you, my friends<3



No comments:

Post a Comment